We invite you to join us!
The League of Women Voters has stood for good government for almost a century. No individual can take YOUR place in helping us make democracy work. Since 1920, the League has worked at local, state, and national levels to generate conversation among members, educate the public and policy makers on pressing issues and take concerted action to bring about social change.
Did you know that the League of Women Voters and its members
- do not support any party or candidate but, we do support issues and legislation after careful member study and adoption of consensus positions.
- encourage informed participation in government, works to foster voter understanding of public policy issues, and influence public policy through education and advocacy.
- register and mobilize people to vote.
- serve as official observers and election volunteers, and conduct civic participation training around the world.
The League of Women Voters is the most trusted non-profit organization in America. Local area Leagues are often called upon to convene community issue forums, as well as host candidates’ debates.
Membership is open to all, male or female, who are over 16 years of age.
There are several ways you may become a member:
- $60 – Individual
- $90 – Household (you and a member of your household)
- $25 – Student
- $30 – Winter Associate (you belong to a League in another state and winter in Lee County)
Dues are renewed on April 1 of each year rather than the anniversary date of joining.
(click on image to see full size)
COME AND LEARN WITH US
Our Educational Program Meetings are open to the public. The meetings center around issues that are important to our members and our community at large. Be sure to check our calendar for upcoming meetings.