Some Of Our Accomplishments:
- Developing, Distributing and Educating about our Reading Readiness Program
- Co-Sponsoring “Managing Climate Change with Sustainable Initiatives Conference” and “Clean Energy and Sustainable Technologies Conference & Expo”
- Conducting Legislative Interviews of Local, State and National Elected Officials on League of Women Voters priority issues
- Co-Founding Conservation 2020 – To acquire properties of environmental significance from willing sellers
- Lobbing For, Receiving, and Participating In – US Army Corp of Engineers Environmental Impact Study
- Conducting a Pro and Con one-cent sales tax forum in Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, Bonita Springs, Edison Community College and County Commissioner Chambers
- Developing and Conducting a day long workshop on Children at Risk
- Sponsoring educational forums: Amendments, Water Issues, Health Care, Natural Resources. Etc.
- Hosting Televised Candidate Forums for local, state and national candidates
- Composing Election Guide included in the The News Press
- Hosting a 2 day Election Hotline at WGCU
- Co-Sponsoring “Teens To Tally “ Program
- Establishing a Scholarship at Edison State College
- Presenting Florida Constitutional Amendments Pros and Cons to local group
- Lobbing Local, State and Elected Officials on League of Women Voters priority issues for bill passage, bill defeat or bill modification Lobbing Local Elected Officials to sign onto the “Mayor’s Climate Protection Agreement” – Only Sanibel has not signed the Agreement.
- Publishing Letters to the Editor
- Registering Citizen to Vote and Monitoring and Reporting Election Day Activities.
- Participating in Countywide events, such as: MLK activities, Bonita Springs 4th of July Parade
- Tallying Bonita Springs Utilities Election Ballots
LWVLC Members APPOINTED to Boards and Task Forces:
- Estero Bay Agency on Bay Management
- Regional Advisory Committee on Trauma Services
- Lee County Human Services Council
- L.I.F.E. (Lee’s Ten Year Plan to End Homelessness)
- LWV US 11 member Climate Change Task Force
- The Governor’s Commission for a Sustainable South Florida – Southwest Issues Group
Educational Program Meetings
Throughout the course of the year, League of Women Voters of Lee County hosts educational program meetings on topic relevant to citizens. Be sure to check our calendar and/or sign up for our email notices to stay apprised of these and other informational meetings. Topics for upcoming meetings can be found on our “Home” page. These meetings are open to the public and RSVP is required.